Saturday, September 5, 2009

Favorites

Walking down the home cleaning and personal care aisle at Whole Foods or any natural grocery store is a little overwhelming. There aren't the typical brands like Tide or Ponds and it's taken me awhile to figure out which organic or natural products I like. Here a few I've come across that I would buy again.

Cleaning Porducts
Ecover Toliet Bowl Cleaner: I've tried a lot of the toilet bowl cleaners, don't ask, and the Ecover is one that I like best, mostly because it has the best design

Method Dyer Sheets: I've never been big into dryer sheets, when I used fabric soften, it was always liquid, but I recently was intrigued by an end cap with the Method Dyer sheets and decided to try it. They don't leave clothes with that sticky feeling and don't seem to affect the absorption of towels.

Seventh Generation Eucalyptus and Lavender Liquid Laundry and Ecos Liquid Laundry (soy based fabric softener built in)

What's nice about Method and Seventh Generation is that they can be purchased at Target, likely at a better price than Whole Foods. AND from what I can tell, both companies are independently owned.

Personal Care
The three brands I've used the most are Nature's Gate, Earth Science and alba/Avalon Organics. All are reasonably priced, similar to drug store brands.

Overall, I've been really happy with Nature's Gate products. I especially love the Lemongrass and Clary Sage hand soap. I've also used their shampoo and body lotion.

The alba Sea Moss mostisutizer with SPF 15 is very light weight and gets the job done, even with my dry skin.

Earth Science is another line that I've been happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment