Friday, September 18, 2009

The Research Begins

Our first design meeting is scheduled for Sept 28 and we will continue to meet every two weeks until we confirm a plan and submit our proposal to the town for approval and building permits. At least I think that's how it will go.

I recently spoke to the designer and she informed me that we'll start to pick out flooring, cabinets, faucets and such toward the end of October. Eekk, I have a lot of research to do! So this weekend I'm going to go to a cabinet and flooring store and also poke around Home Depot for ideas.

If you've done a home renovation project, let me know if you have any tips on kitchen appliances, hardwood floor, tiles etc. For example, a co-worker highly advised against black/dark granite, particularly one with a high gloss finish because it shows every smudge. That would drive me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment