Friday, October 9, 2009

GardenWeb

I came recently came across a great forum called GardenWeb. I'm so glad that I discovered this early in the process. The kitchen in the second to last photo has 2x6 tiles instead of the typical 3x6. I like the look.















This kitchen has "penny" tiles at the back splash. The thought on the forums is that it's going to be dated soon. A back splash is easier to change than say the cabinets.
















































This kitchen has 2x6 subway tiles instead of the typical 3x6. I like the look














I really like the orange pendants in this last photo. It's a great way to incorporate color without being committed to it. Also, there was a discussion on GardenWeb that answered my previous question about mixing and matching finishes. Yes, it can be done as long as the formality is the same. So I think I will go with brushed nickle for the kitchen faucet and hardware on the cabinets and ORB for the light fixtures. I could do ORB for the hardware too, I haven't decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment