Monday, August 3, 2009

Weleda

Over the past year or so, I've been thinking more and more about the personal care products I use and the impact it has on my body and the environment. So as I run out of a product, I search for an organic version.

Finding a deodorant that does not contain aluminum, which is linked to Alzheimer's, has been a bit challenging. I did a little research and read that
Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant worked well but it was about $15.

Another tip I had read was to stick to roll-on and sprays. While at Whole Foods, I decided on
Lafe's Hemp Oil Rol-on Deodorant Fresh and it was about $5. I think it is OK for the winter when I'm not so sweaty, but it was just not doing the trick during the hot and humid Boston summer. I took the plunge and bought the Weleda Wild Rose spray. The spray is a little strange and sometimes I miss and end up spraying my arm, but so far so good.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried looking into a food co-op? I know there are some that either drop off a box of local and sometimes organic fruits and veggie or are available for pickup?

    ReplyDelete