Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kitchen Sketch


Here is an updated kitchen sketch. These aren't the finishes that have been chosen, but the layout will be the same. Some highlights include 4 big drawers for pot/pans/mixing bowls, double trash pull out, small appliance storage in the island and a hood. I'm so excited for a hood. No more waking up the next morning and smelling last nights dinner. Gross!

The island will seat four people and the stools will probably be a similar style to what's included in the sketch. I hope they're comfortable because it could be a couple years until we can get a dining room table.

I did lose the battle on the color of the kitchen cabinets. They will be cherry wood with a dark stain. Counters will be soapstone and carrara marble on the island, white subway tile for the backsplash and a herringbone pattern behind the cooktop .

I've noticed that in my extreme dislike for ornate details that I'm choosing modern finishes. I never thought my style was modern but I like clean, simple lines.

The kitchen faucet and dining chandelier are good examples.


1 comment: